Formed in 2017, the Tile Association of New Zealand (TANZ) was established for tilers who appreciate the trade and want to uphold professionalism and quality standards within the industry.
Commonly a small business trade, TANZ provides a forum for its members to come together and collectively discuss issues, encourage progress and change, and offer training and support to tilers throughout their entire career. TANZ is a voice for the tiling industry – one that can educate on common tiling errors, provide customer confidence, and strengthen the industry’s reputation.
The association represents New Zealand’s tilers who are passionate about providing their customers with excellent service and quality workmanship, giving us the coverage and awareness required to monitor and successfully support the people working in our industry. It operates as a Trade Association with a Board who are responsible for setting and delivering objectives for its members.
- TANZ, Tilers Association of New Zealand, was established to support, monitor and grow the tiling industry in New Zealand.
- TANZ is committed to upholding quality tiling standards within the industry through assisting with the improvement of every element of the installation process.
- A key objective for TANZ is to regulate the tiling industry, giving both tilers, consumers, and other associated parties peace of mind.
- TANZ will mediate between tilers and their clients to approve the standard of a job when required and will advise and support a tiler through the complete process of correcting a failed job.
- TANZ will be a transparent association that will communicate to (and on behalf of) its members directly and truthfully.
- TANZ is here to provide its members the platform to have a strong collective voice and is not about sales and promoting products. We are an unbiased association with no affiliations to importers or product suppliers.
- Member accountability includes the tiler following all manufacture specifications and installation guidelines, and using imported products (tiles, membranes and adhesives) that have a proven product performance history – avoiding cheaper and inferior products.
To be considered the industry’s preferred membership organisation that provides the following for its members and their customers:
- Membership support and value – To provide TANZ members with the support, advice and training required throughout their career
- National recognition – To be recognised as New Zealand’s recognised national industry body for tiling
- Protection for customers – To provide customers with workmanship guarantees, and expected quality trade practices and professional standards
- Positive Industry Reputation – To establish nationwide awareness for TANZ, with the brand reflecting a strong reputation for industry quality and service
- Industry Development – To create industry benchmarks and standards that add value.
Our members appreciate the skill and precision of the tiling profession and want to be part of a collective group that encourages development and innovation, offers its members support and training, grows customer confidence, and protects the reputation of the trade.
Brendon is a qualified tiler and has been tiling since 1990, and is one of the founding members of TANZ , Brendon established his business Palazzo Ltd in 1992 – 2017 , in this time Palazzo ltd has prided its self in providing excellent service with excellent workmanship of tile installation.
With a passion for the tiling industry, and wanting to give support to tilers in general , TANZ was formed to help up skill and educate as well as giving some form of protection to tilers , their clients, and the tiling industry.
Brendon will continue to work hard for the trade that has cared for him.
Jeff is a qualified builder by trade and has built many homes, and commercial properties over the 25 years in business, with many satisfied customers.
Jeff is one of the founding members of TANZ, as he saw a real need for an association to help give direction and support to those in the tiling trade.
With a vast knowledge of the construction industry, and the associated trades that complete a successful build, Jeff offers TANZ the perspectives from a builders view point , which helps the tiling trade.
Advisor to the Board
Greer’s professional background lies in developing and managing a number of innovative and successful companies. Her earlier companies were in marketing and promotion, and importing and distribution. More recently she developed and managed a successful strategic HR and organisational performance consultancy, and an innovative residential design and construction company specialising in energy efficiency, sustainability, and thermal performance.
Currently, Greer also has a role with Home Owners and Buyers Association of New Zealand (HOBANZ) as Project Director. Operationally, she provides consultancy services to homeowners who are carrying out remedial works, renovating, or building a new home. She assists home owners to resolve construction and property disputes, gets problematic projects back on track, and guides clients through the process of recovering losses through legal proceedings. Strategically, she is creating an innovative project leadership and facilitation model for HOBANZ that identifies the many common problems that occur during building projects, and puts in place improvement mechanisms to resolve problems and create vastly better building projects for both builders and home owners.
For Greer, governance and strategic management involves understanding industry dynamics, gaps, problems, and aligning vision, purpose, structure, and strategic objectives with industry leadership and the delivery of high quality products and services. Internally, every function of the business needs to have the right people, systems, tools, and training to ensure optimal performance. All levels of management and business culture should fully support people in their roles, and encourage innovative thinking and creativity at every level. While client fulfilment lies at the heart of the company’s vision, systems, and culture, a keen eye is kept on the competition and global market trends, ensuring that an exceptionally high level of value is consistently delivered over the long term.
Greer was educated at Victoria University in Wellington, New Zealand, and holds a Degree in Political Science, a Masters Degree in International Relations, and she is a qualified mediator.
Greer’s vision for the tiling industry in New Zealand: “To cause a positive and powerful disruptive force that will lead to the transformation of the tiling industry, enabling it to take a quantum leap forward in professionalism, management, capability, quality, durability, and performance”.
Kris has been a qualified legal secretary for Fenton Mc Faddon for the last 20 years and has recently purchased and manages an Automotive business.
Kris’s legal background knowledge, and secretarial skills have helped TANZ to provide an association that gives knowledge and structure, so that TANZ can achieve its purpose, in providing its members with a professional organisation that they can support, and that can support them also.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST IN BECOMING A MEMBER TODAY!
STEP 1. FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW AND WE WILL SEND YOU CONFORMATION OF BEING ACCEPTED AS A TANZ MEMBER